Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy American Day 2


Oi Familia

Hello people that i love. Whats up again from the good old city of Passo Fundo. I had a pretty good week, and a really good day today. We are REALLY struggling getting people to church, and this week was especially disappointing. We had 2 couples that were kinda CRITICAL that they go to church, and neither showed up. It was a back breaker. We are not sure what we are doing wrong. But I´m getting very tired of doing all the heavy lifting for people. Especially when they just straight up lie to our face about appointments that we have, and that they will go to church, and its just a big time waster. But oh well, I'm done venting, we had some good things happen.

But first, I want to talk about the great P day we had today. Today, as you can maybe tell from the title. Is America Day! TWO! We decided that last America Day was too great not to do again... So as of now, every 4th week of the transfer is America Day. I will tell you how today went down. First we woke up, REAL REAL early, at 630!! Then we did some light study (Jesus the Christ for me) and made some breakfast. At 9 we went to the church and played some basketball for the first time! With the Lz´s and a couple guys from the ward. Not sure if i´ve ever told you about Felipe? RM here that served in Orlando, speaks FLAWLESS English, and is obsessed with the NBA. We found out today he´s moving to Provo! But yeah so then we got a BIG coke, (and an American flag) and hit up Micky D´s! nothing like a Big Mac here. Its not the same, but real burgers don't exist here. And its KIND of real.. But then we used some email, only for like 45 min, so we could hit up home to take a quick nap. Only problem... A HUGE rainstorm hit all of the sudden. That happens here. And when it does the sidewalks turn into crazy raging rivers and the streets completely flood. So that would have been all and great, except that our roof started leaking uncontrollably... Yeah, it was bad. Our entire floor is sopping wet. So we spent most of our time cleaning that, but we did manage to try and bake the closest thing to a cake they have here. But yeah, so now i am back, finishing up email before we have to go to our visits! Good P day.

I cant really remember much of what happened during the week... I dont have my note card. I'm lost without it. But Oh, Alex and Giselle. Yeah, i pretty much love them. They are just so money. They were our only investigators at church this week. And right after class, Alex grabs me and is like Elder we have something to tell you. (never good) so I'm like CRAP. So we visit a little later and turns out he has trouble smoking.. But that champ of a man was like No worries though, I felt bad about it a couple days ago, so i stopped!! And I think i can stop for good, cause i know i cant smoke and be baptized!! I love that guy... And I'm not even sure if i mentioned we set a marriage date with them? Yeah it was sick. They are so money. Jan 22. Marriage and a bath.

Other than that not a whole lot happened. It was Lynn´s 1 year mark last Wednesday so we did some celebrating with that! Including a VERY bad result burning a shirt (mission tradition) in our kitchen. Yikes. Sunday was stressful, No one really showed up, including our teachers in both classes. So of course we teach, and OH YEAH haha as I'm sitting in Sacrament meeting last Sunday suddenly I hear Our first speaker today will be Elder Allred... Real fun. My first in Portuguese. I spoke on the importance of Eternal Families. I think it went pretty well. But then right after that we got a call from one of our marriages that has a serious vendetta against the ENTIRE bishopric... And wont get married if any of them are present there.. Ughh.. I nearly screamed at him. But yeah, haha besides that it was a pretty good week. I love this city and the people, and my mission, regardless of the many challenges. I know i am here where i am supposed to be. And very excited for Cole to join me. Enjoy your TRIP Lee Family and tell my SENATOR of an Uncle how proud of him I am. I love you all sorry this was very disorganized!

P.s. I attached a picture of my hideous foot! I may have to go to a doctor if it doesn't get better... Do they have doctors here??



--
Elder Alex Allred
Caixa Postal 13008
91010-971 Porto Alegre-RS
Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment