Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BYU Trunkyness



Oi Mother/Gente
Man. Reading all you guys rave about BYU/Jimmer mania almost makes me feel like i am right there. I love those newspaper clips. They make me feel like i kind of know whats going on. That's so dang cool though.
Honestly it wasnt all the eventful of a week... We didnt have a whole lot going on, we had a real kick in the stomach Sunday when we again had ZERO investigators show up to church. We are trying everything. Showing up to pick them up, calling the night before, making them PROMISE they will go. Thats what sucks most, when they repeatedly tell us yeah yeah of course ill go, SURE ill go. I wont miss it for the world. Again and again.
My venting for the week is this. I dont know HOW I CAN SPEAK ANY MORE PLAINLY. Seriously I am thinking about starting to speak entirely in parables, because for some reason people are not getting it when i say ´this is the ONLY true church, it is NOT just another church´Were having major problems with authority. People arent getting it. It never ceases to amaze me when i can tell you for 10 min about why we are the only church with authority, and then you tell me, yeah go figure, i was telling my husband we should go to your church, you guys are basically the same as his right?? Or better, finish the plan of salvation, and hear, so what do you guys believe about reincarnation... Shoot me. So yeah, apparently it doesnt work to speak simply, i am going to start speaking in parables, see if that works.
No enough of me whining really things are pretty good. We have a lot of people that are close to baptismal dates, just need to go to church... We had a great visit with Jack and Douglas last night, and then they walked us home, and Douglas was asking me, so do you think i could serve a mission..? Chique. Unfortunately he also told me he has a 32 year old girlfriend (he is 19) and has already been married once to a 28 year old with 2 kids... Not so chique.
But yeah, other than that life is good. I FINALLY got my x-mas packages and loved going trough that. Also got a package from the Lewis´s and spent all that day wondering WHY me and my best friend had so many matching outfits.. Pois é. I thought i had died and gone to heaven when i put on my new pants. I love wearing pants that dont HURT. I am so fat. But i love you all and i hope you know i love you, and this gospel. This truly is the work of the lord, i feel his hand in it every day, our savior lives. Até logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment