Monday, August 15, 2011

Tchau Caxias




Freak.

I am leaving Caxias tomorrow, and very sad about it. Last night was one of the most incredible experiences of my mission. We had a huge churrasco with all of my recent converts and a few members last night to say goodbye. It was so much fun. After we shared a message, we shared a video with some clips of Henry B. Eyreing, promising to the members that we would feel prompted to speak of the restored gospel. I had everyone look around and realize that each person was a reference from someone else in that room, like a big long chain, and because of their willingness, 2 families were changed forever. The spirit i felt was incredible. The power of the restored gospel has the capacity to literally change lives. Marcia (the kids mom) started bawling and totally made me cry. I was embarrassed. Dont tell anyone.

Saturday was the wedding of Eduardo and Silvana. Very cool. Aside from the fact that some dummy turned on the baptismal font after we had turned it off and flooded the chapel. Guess who cleaned it up? Before the wedding we were out tracting and had nothing to do. I said lets drop by some investigators that i was thinking about cutting. We go there and they are like no we dont have time. But I said no just give us five minutes real quick! So they let us in but said they had to go to a wedding shower. We taught a quick lesson and as im leaving i ask "So who´s getting married?" And they go oh my cousin is so she can be baptized in the Mormon church. I just started laughing and said Ill see you there!! They had mentioned two "pastors" before but who knew it was us! Needless to say they became MUCH better investigators Sat night. I was planning on inviting them to be baptized this week before I was TRANSFERRED!

The wedding was great. Poor people weddings are kind of awkward, and they dont go all that smoothly. But it was fun. Me and Alba managed to get like twenty people there, and Marcia made a cake and we bought refrí. So it worked out alright, and we did the baptism (see photos) which was much more important to me. This transfer has literally been one of miracles and blessings.

Im so sad to be leaving here. But so excited for my next assignment and adventure. Every night i get on my knees and try to thank for the family i have, and the opportunidade to be here. Both are priceless. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment