Sunday, June 17, 2012

Santa Cruz du SUI

Hello

This week was pretty normal, we traveled during the middle of the week and tried to finish up our divisions at the end of the week. I am growing weary of traveling, it is really starting to take a toll on me. I have grown a loathing for the bus, its the only time i am stationed and dont do anything, and thus the only time that my brain has to really wander outside of the misison. 

Stress is really something I am trying to avoid in my life. It does no good for me, and unfortuantely I was born into a family that quite frankly just cares about things. I have wondered to myself so many times why I can´t just "not care." Sometimes I want to have that attitude, to just not be so affected by things but I can´t. It´s not me. Something I have really worked on the mission is to be okay when I don´t get things I want. All of my life I think my biggest strength is being able to get what I want, it´s always been something I´ve been able to do. But especially on the mission when we affect the free agency of others and include gospel principles into the picture it becomes a little bit more complicated. I need to get to the point where I don´t need to control the situation, where I can be okay with others making important decisions, that i even may not agree with.

The mission is an incredible ground for learning about God, others, and most importantly yourself. I´ve made so many important discoveries about who I am and what things control my actions, that difficult part is being able to cannonize those things, and direct them for good, be it my will or not. Mostly I´ve just realized that I am a selfish selfish person, and each day I fight with myself to become a little bit more like Christ. And that is my sermon for the day. Sorry I didn´t give more details about the week but quite frankly I just dont remember. My mission is becoming a big blur, and I know it will all be over soon so I´m going to try to work hard and stay focused as to have no regrets.




Stay Classy Provo.

No comments:

Post a Comment