Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3rd Week- 9/21

WELL. let me first just start off my saying serious leyla? ive been worried sick all week, not knowing something that important in someones life thats that close to you is really wierd. tell her to hurry. FIRST, i need to say i was SO mad at myself after i finished my email last week. For three days i had it written in my planner to write adam a birthday note, since i couldnt send pakcages, and then i completely forgot. ridiculous. Ad, i love you. your my best friend, happy birthday. 1 month left today. it will FLY. i promise. di, take ad to holiday to get a drink and a donut on me? (when i say on me, i really mean on you.) So last week you were supposed to recieve a picture of me and my two companions? hopefully you did, and hopefully you could see the temple. its beautiful. Speaking of pictures di NO send them by letter! sending them by email i barely have time to look at them and sometimes they dont load. i barely saw dads moto pics. and loved them. but send them in mail. no, i cant send pictures from here. and i can only take them on p day, and i cant take my camera outside. yeah, it blows. but i have a lot to send the first day im out in the field. elder melo left today. im sad, but we took a lot of pictures.
to answer some questions. i recieved some letters this week! letters are such a huge boost. dad/brit/ad can tell you what they do for morale. i am quite satisfied with most of what we purchased di, except those jordan shoes. i dont dare wear them, the courts here blow. so we mostly just play speed. and everone sucks at basketball. im like kobe bryant here. so i just wear my old ones. thinking of some way i can send them home. others. i kinda hate my short sleeve shirts... for some reason the sleeves are like super long. anything i can do about that? if i iron the sleeves right out of the wash will they shrink? and i can wash my pants and all my shirts right? speaking of pants, i got a big tear in my grey ones! freakin mr mac. you would have been so proud of me di i totally stitched them back up. then they split again.... so i did it again but they will probably come apart. oh well, i cant impress chicks anyways. so, we had a new provo added to my district, and we have 2 more coming tomorrow. neither moake. i cried. were up to 7 in our distirct now, so thats good. and hoepfully they will continute to loosen up. the additions made it so i am no longer in a threesome. i got a companion, and it wasnt the one i wanted. its okay though, its kinda like someone saying want me to kick you in the face? or the nuts? neither are great options so it doesnt really matter... so yeah dad if scott came/comes he will for sure be in my district. and we would spent literally the whole day together, cause your dist goes to class/lunch/mdt everything same time. you were right too.. i dont have much trouble sleeping. im usually SO exhausted by the end of the day i just crash. keep the gum coming di. and yes i do my own wash, i just throw all my shorts/garments etc in the same load, is that okay?
i hit my first real language barrier this week. i had an absolute mental BLOW UP like ad was talknig about. i had no idea HOW hard it is to actually start teaching in a language. cause at first we were just doing like grammar and stuff and it was easy, but peacing it all together now.... its so unbelievably difficult. to say im a little frustrated is an understatement.
the doctor. no structual damage in my knee. but some scar tissue build up. probably still from my it band... gonna do motrin for a while, and see if it gets better, hopefully. funny thing when i went. sooo i told you abuot how it was amazing i think i had figured out why i always got sick, and was rushing to the bathroom all the time after i ate back home? i thought it was the soda, cause i dont drink any here, and i was NEVER having that problem. but... then it started getting wierd. like seriously about a week since ive had some quality time on the banhero.. i started getting concerned. sooo apparently, food in brazil has like NO fiber. hence, my bathroom struggles. i voiced my concern, the doc hooked me up and lets just say me and the toilet have gotten re-aquainted the past few days. (dont you edit this out di i want all your little friends to know about me and my bowel movement schedule) it was scary though, i thought i was beginning to have similiar problems to dad in his mission.
Other than that not all that much is new. i pray for leyla, scott, and strenth to keep going every day, and every day i press forward. ABout to go out onto the streets, have a few letters to send, grab some candy (im out, yikes.) and then stop at my favoirte guava juice place. (so sick, delicious jamba juice type stuff for practically nothing, like 75 cents.) oh yeah, and as for my scriptue on my plaque- 1 cor 10 13 or dc 21 6, choose one, i love them both. Also could someone get me wes christensens address, and also jake parkinsons? i think i have letters from them up in my room under my lamp, but they might be old addresses... i love you all. good to hear byu is sucking. and that dad is loving fantasy. dad was right, id give a finger right now to play a game of settlers with you. press forward. send pictures. go leyla. -elder allred

No comments:

Post a Comment