Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/12/10

Oi familia! Wow, it is really good to hear that the tibby got sold, i was starting to get a little worried about it. i did Not want you guys to have to deal with that during the winter. good deal. i had no idea i would be a little sad though... good memories with that car. and yeah, please put maaybe a 100 or so into my account. i go through money a little faster than i thought. ihad to buy some nicer scriptures (another unfortunate non-luxary of being iin provo) and that set me back about 120 reijais. But, as you said SCOTT IS HERE. I cant even tell you how happy i was. i dont care if satan himself shows up during this next 3 weeks it could not dull my spirits.. its so fun. and WOW, provo is different. i will explain more about that in a minute... i have no idea what they have been learning over there. So, im not sure how but i neglected you tell you that last week was our proselyting week! its kind of a big deal here... It went okay, except that i found out i dont speak a word of portuguese. wow, really frustrating. this langugage stuff has so many ups and downs, but when you actually have to do the real thing... SO difficult. its okay, i know it will come, im just not patient. because i know i am still WAY ahead of the curve, i just want it to be faster. I got out all 6 of my books, and got a taste of the real thing... its very hard, and very scary. but a nice change of pace from class all day long. Dad, i wish i coudl have wished you a happier birthday. i ate you almond bar in memory of you. it was delcious. I think im starting to figure out this food stuff... your son is becoming less picky. ive been eating a lot of beans and it in turn has returned my bowell movement close to normal. and we actually had 2 lunches in a row early in the week that were SO good. churrasco and then like a chinese chicken wierd thing. these people can cook meat, thats for sure. now they just need to learn evertyhing else. It was a wierd week running the show... i kept like waitiing for elder burright to come tell everybody what to do. but hes not there! and my roomates left this morning... it is CRAZY how close you can get to these guys in just 3 weeks... its so hard to say goodbye. im running out of ties to give them!! and the wierdest thing is the batch that comes this thurs will be the ones that leave with uS! last night i spent all night on my bed with scott and my írmao (brother) (elder melo) of this group. his name is elder avila, looking at pictures and talking. he saw one of our house, and said ohhhh igreja muito bonita!! i had to correct him and say nooo thats my house. he didnt believe me. i am so blessed. i put that picture away. He woke me up at 3 this morning to give me a hug. he was almost crying... kissed me a few too many time. but i will miss that guy. a lot. i sent a few pictueres of him. (oh yeah i found a place to develop pictures! it looks like hes selling cocaine.. not film, but it worked) so hopefully i can get those sent out today. I continute to buy delicious cakes, and name them bonifacio. i love that guy. ill have to send a picture of him. every time i pass him i chant u.s.a.!! u.s.a!! and then he calls me an ignorant american... Adam, me and scott read you letter together Sat night, (hope thats okay) and laughed our pants off. I have one on the way to you, hopefully it reaches before you leave, so you can see the pics too, if not ill have di drop it off. love you. so we did get two other new guys to my district with Scott. were now the biggest district here. one is WAY cool and the other is a wierdo. big surprise. gotta learn to love (or not hate) people. and understand that not everyone is as cool as your friends. Thanks for the package and the pictures! I got that and 6 letters (nice work people) Wednesday night! Mail is wierd. very inconsistent. i got dads and wyatts dear elders last night. i love letters. Okay... so a couple things in letters that made me LAUGH my head off. a. dads trade. if you did that, i am going to kill you. deangelo is the man. patience. darren sucks. DONT DO THAT TRADE!!!!!! b. wyatt, the water baloons. oh my gosh. dads letter was priceless. wy that was a total flashback to junior high to me. funny too because you probably got my letter that said have fun...just not too much fun. funny funny. reminded me of larry lawrences talk in conference.. i nodded off when he said he was talking to parents but then he mentioned sleepovers and i couldnt help but to think of wy, i know you were probably just grimacing as he said that, but hes right. its absoluteley true. hey, and someone tell adam to email me!! i dont have his email! i love you all. keep the letters and the prayers coming. good job selling my car. so glad scott is here. missions are hard. love you. chels just cause you have a kid doesnt mean you dont have to write me back, britt too. -elder al

No comments:

Post a Comment