Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10/26 Last Week in the CTM

Ah, my dear family. Its game time. I get really nervous for game time. its stressful... Especially this week. Much went on. No way will i have time to tell all that i want to tell. But thank you all for the countless letters and emails, they really help. Yes Di keeping fwding me emails, i take pictures of them and read them later! Im extremely clever i know. So, this week. Ill start from the top. I just got back from a churrascaria (tucanos) WOW. it makes our wussy little brazilian meat shops seem like macdonalds (which is like high high class expensive restaurent here, yeah, they~re all messed up.) It was so ridiculously good, i am so packed with odd meats that ive never heard of before.. and it was about a third of the price. legit. I just threw in a big load of laundry,... doin laundry yourself sucks. every time im like wait a minute, where the freak is di!!
I had scotty cut my hair this week so i dont look like a freak anymore... we have realized that our time together is quickly dwindling. a little depressing. This has been a wierd last week, it will be long. class kinda sucks cause we dont have anything left to learn.. we have learned everything, now we just need to be thrown into the fire. As far as info i dont have any more than you. i find out my flight plans next monday. It just sucks cause it will for sure be early in the morning.. and you guys are five hours back so i probably wont be able to call home, it would be in the middle of the night. Maybe ill call and leave a message or something. I also have no idea how long till i will be able to email again, since tuesday is my p day. It sucks. It could be two weeks... Not happy. STOKED to see if i can find a macdonalds at the airport though, i will pay 20 reijais for a sausage mcgriddle without even blinking twice. american food is hard to come by... That being said i have learned to love this food.. i said a little more about that in my letter, but beans and rice have just become part of life now.
Other stuff. Portuguese is coming. Two things i heard a lot of this week... how old are you? (for some reason people think i am like 23.. go figure) and do you speak spanish? Supposedly spanish is a lot easier to learn than portuguese. (from the brazilians) there are a lot less rule changes, and the conjugations stay the same more. But its still tough to kick my spanish accent. It is cool though i was flipping through a spanish bom today and read the whole introduction, once i feel at all confortable with portuguese i will probably start trying to read in spanish. i sent dad a little note in port. just to see how much of it he could understand.. im curious.
Thanks for the update on the sports! i had on my little note to ask for some more updates! ha, it was funny the first two weeks i got like a full page synopsis on byu then less... and less.. then none. they must really suck. I love the sports info and gossip columns though. Wy, and occasional newspaper article in the letters you never send me wouldnt hurt.. Just kidding. you do write. its colin that doesnt like me. write me a letter you little twat!
As far as things i need. NOTHING. please dont spend any more money on me.. stuff is surprisingly expensive here... and i nearly punched a whole in the wall when i found out my stupid candy store had a 10 rejai charge for every purchase... freaking brazilians.. But i would love some pictures of my friends... i literlaly brought no pictures, maybe some of my pictures from the album pre- mish...? I would like some of those, any pictures really, i love pictures. just dont send me like 5 of the same one!! haha, i got like 3 or 4 of literally the same one of leyla, love her, but thats excessive.
So, anyone know what 180 pound alex looks like? Cause you will... i have no idea what happened. I guess its the trade off for liking the food.. But i definatley weighed myself last night and that was the verdict. yikes. I still have a fantastic body though.. so dont worry. I am still president of the awesome body club.. Not sure if ive told you about that. we have weekly conferences in the shower, presidency meetings, ititiation. its legit. so far its comprised of me, byron, moake, and blackhurst. ill send pics. let me know if anyone wants to join and ill get you an application form. Wy, love the hair. its hot. not as good as mine... but still pretty tight.
The humidity here is getting crazy!! just the last couple of weeks.. byron summed it up perfectly when he said i love getting out of the shower and still feeling like your in one. its nuts. Other funny thing, so i was in class a couple days ago and smelled a very familiar smell. I looked outside and saw them pouring! me and byron were both like burning concrete! (he worked a little contruction too) I was yellnig at them your doing in wrong! freaking brazil! I miss contruction... And i NEVER thoguht i would ay that..
Dad to answer your question ive taken a little break from mr talmage and jesus the christ. were on a trial serperation. we both needed a little space. instead i am reading nossa busca para felicidage (our search for happiness) by ballard and it is fantastic. Takes me a while to read cause there is a lot of different words that i have to look up. But its good. ive also started the D C i think i mentioned that- legit. and i am re reading the book of mormon, but in portuguese.. i am in like the 7th chapter.
Wow, ive made it this far without even talking about my proselyting experience. wow, is all i can say. Who knew that casa verde (}here) is like the nicest part of sao paulo. you couldnt tell by seeing, until you go to the centro. I saw crazy crazy things... It is a dirty new york. A few of my favorites... Going down an alley FILLED with dark dudes with big beards sitting on their cardboard who for sure havent showed this year.. selling all kinds of wierd odd smelling things, then when a cop drives by you blink twice and they are ALL gone. Seeing a dude limping down the stairs with a full on broken leg, bleeding everywhere bone and all, i nearly threw up. Talking with a big group of black dudes blasting their reggae smoking weed and skating. They loved me. Not sure if they are going to read my book of mormon... it is a very very very very different place than i have ever seen. wow, culture shock- understatement. So awesome though, aside from those guys i literally think every person i contacted will at least read the introduction. We had some really good conversations. Missionary work is fun. Im stoked. one week from today i will be doing the real thing. Scary. But excited. i love you all. keep the letters coming, keep praying that i understand this riciculous language. Keep praying for me. This church is true. It has to be. -Al

No comments:

Post a Comment