Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just in case!


Hello People

I am short on time this week. So i will have to hurry. I will start off with the big news of the transfer... I AM STAYING HERE IN PASSO FUNDO. As will my comp elder lynn, we are both happy to be here. We feel liek we still have some unfinished business that we need to get done.

highlights of the week- A very very drunk man picking a fight with me after he didnt get the answer he liked when he asked why i was in his country, A very very interesting type of fungus growing on my right foot, (thank you SO much for throwing lamisil into my kit di), a recent convert telling me and my companion WAY too much about her seemingly good guy husband. (YIKES) And of course the baptisms of Ruan and Vitoria,

About the important thing, the baptism. Quick story. As you can see in the pictures, we had planned all along for the cousin of these two kids i love (parents aren´t ready, having some serious problems with them) to baptize them, because he leaves on a mission in about 2 weeks. I had explained this to Ruan earlier in the day after he asked me to baptize him, but apparently it didnt get through. Because when i arrived he took me aside and asked if i would baptize him. When i tried to say no Douglas will baptize he gave me a look and about started to cry... I didnt have the heart to say no, so i looked at my comp, and he just sighed, and we took off. We had 15 min till the baptism, so we sprinted him like lightening. I grabbed my clothes and memorized the baptismal words on the way back, and you can see the end, i had my first real baptism! ill never forget it.


I had a good week really. We had some frustrations like always but im glad to still be here. we had a chance Sat night to go to a cultural celebration at the church and that was really fun. Interestingly strange, but fun. Please keep the Gilmar and Selete famliy in your prayers, along with me. Keep updating me on your lives, and your christmas plans. Not much christmas planning here. I love you all. This gospel is true. People have died and suffer for it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment