Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Good Life


Hey again. Things are normal here... We are winding up a transfer once again. My companion continually gets trunkier, but the work goes on. We had some good things happen this week and some bad... Shocker right. But mostly im just glad to be here.

Honestly it was quite an eventful week. I should have known it was going to be a crazy one by the end of my P day. So ill take just a second and tell you a story for each day!

Tuesday: Met up with an investigator we met from our English class. She had already warned us her husband was a little "different." But honestly i´ve met so many strange people i didnt even care. Unfortunately, he was REALLY different. Long story short he thinks he´s a prophet... And i started out laughing my head off and he is translating Apocolipse for us, but then it got real ugly and the smile got wiped off my face. It was really unfortunate because his wife is good investigator but the spirit was completely destroyed when we started to fight, so we asked if we could say a prayer and left. My comp said some extra choice words which i wasnt happy about but what can you do right?

Wednesday: Get stopped in the road by a frantic little man that wants us to come visit him and teach his wife. So we do. Im thinking man this guy is legit and ask Bishop if he knows him. He knows him all right... He´s an excommunicated con artist. He finds very stupid trusting girls, lives with them, and then convinces American missionaries to "teach them" until he can figure out how to rob them... he has already robbed our apartment 3 times in the last year, and the church twice. He´s obsessed with American things. I should have known as he brought out thing after thing that American missionaries "gave" to him, and then at the end complimented wow beautiful watch Elder! Needless to say we didnt return... he showed up at conference screaming at the top of his lungs that we were worthless missionaries and he was going to do this and that and call president and all that jazz... Great guy.

Thursday: My first incident with Drug Traffickers. I wont say much, but Brasil is scary. And Police dont exist... I am so blessed to have born where i was.

Friday: Did a division with Marchetti. Awesome. But we had to go to the mother of our baptism... to get her permission to perform the Baptism. Yikes. The mom was chill... but the sister immediately started to attack us, she is an atheist.. and thought we were some sort of cult.

Saturday and Sunday were my break from my hectic week... Although they were still very hectic. I absolutely loved conference though. I watched 1 session in Português and hated every minute of it.. But in English was pure bliss. Its amazing what you can take in when you watch all the sessions, and actually pay attention. I dont have my notes so i wont even start but it sufficeth to say that i know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet, and his counselors are called of God. Saturday after the second session we had the baptism of Liana. (See pictures) it was Great, but i nearly DIED it was so cold. Haha and she REALLY almost died after we had to do it again... i said the name wrong. (Brasilian names are messed up... and have like 6 names) But yeah... REAL COLD.

Other than that things are good... We are wrapping up the transfer, and we found out from Pres last night that we will have the biggest transfer our mission has had- 17 missionaries. 6 Americans. Pow. Which also means as i found out last night there is a decent chance i will be training... I kind of hope not. This week I also finally broke down my Bible strike and started the Old Testament. I was extremely surprised to know that I actually am enjoying it!! Who knew the Bible actually has good stuff... Instead of the "full of faith" crap all the Evangelics feed me!! Go figure...

Love
--
Elder Alex Allred
Terra de Gaúcho Tchê

Caixa Postal 13008
91010-971 Porto Alegre-RS
Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment