Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Prophets and Such



HIIIIIIIIIIII
My wife got a lot hotter again this week. I kid you not it rained for 5 days straight. And not Utah rain... Brazil Rain. Real rain. Good thing ive been praying for more patience and i managed to keep a smile on my face. Mostly. It was an awesome week. Honestly besides my baptism falling, and my comp flooding our apt, the worst part of my week was when i say that Jimmer passed Tav on the all time 3 pointers list... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! TAV!!!
I spent a good part of that morning mourning. It including some crying, a small ceremony, and a burnt offering. Rest in peace Tav. We´ll (I´ll) miss you.
Like i said ive been praying for patience recently. Also that i can just worry about me. Ive learned its not important what your comp or what Adam Lewis is doing in Chile, all that matters is what Alex Allred is doing in Passo Fundo. This is helping me. Im just worrying about working my BUTT off through the hard times, and trying to keep a smile on while i feel myself grow. As Dad put it, the mission is a gut check.
I had an awesome experience Saturday... I was fasting. (with my comp eating in front of me all day) and it was raining... hard. Until our english class at 4 not a single appointment had held up... We had walked.. a lot. But i kept a good attitude, and i kept going. After english, we went to Felipe. I have been super worried about him, for some time. (lots of reasons) But we showed up there and started talking. About 15 minutes of chat i got a feeling that i needed to cut it of and share a message. I started talking about my reading in Apocalipse (Revelation, i LOVE Revelation, finished it with my guide. Wow.) And a phrase that repeatedly comes up, THOSE THAT OVERCOME, and then, with a different promise attached each time. I bore testimony of this, and then receieved the strongest prompting to ask how he was doing with Cigarro. (smoking) I already knew the answer. I knew it the minute we said the beginning prayer. He´s struggling with a few things... but we were able to have a good chat, and he promised me he would speak with Bishop. Discernment... is real.
We then began to walk back, in ridiculous rain. And my comp likes to lose his umbrella, so we shared mine. And got soaked. After our next apt fell through, and the next, my comp wanted to go home. Now. As we were walking back I knew i was not going to be able to sleep that night if we got home at 730 with stuff still to do... I stopped, and told him it wasnt happening. We began to walk, and i began to pray that something good would happen and my comp wouldnt be pissed at me. Something good happened. We went to a house i had written off after the 6th time trying to reach them. We taught a first lesson that didnt feel like they got it... Until the end, when we talked about the holy ghost, and he shared that not long ago two rapazes (youths) walked into the hospital, and gave his sick wife a blesing. He described to us the feeling of peace he felt after, that everything would work out. I smiled a little. The Lord blesses perserverance.
Last night was another good one. We had TWO family nights!! The first was with Diesa and Sonya and gang. It was great. Diesa at the end, asked me for a blessing. Some idiot used his priesthood authority and said some very naughty things to her (i fear for his soul...) and basically, she was a little shooken up. I didnt know what to say... but wow. For the first time giving a blesing i REALLY felt like they were not my words.. But i finished, and she simply said, flawless. I know it was exaclty what she needed. Haha as custom the rest of the family decided hey i want a blessing too! So... i ended up giving one to each person. People are really using up my p-hood energy poitns... (i am such a nerd) But then we had to book it over to the Henz´s to have one with them and my baptism this week-Liana. Unfortunately Nize could not come, her pops shut us down. Wont let her get baptzied. Liana is quetsionable as well. We will be doing some parent talking this week... Not my favorite activity. But i pray all will go well cause they are excited and ready!! The FN was good though and we ate cake and pepsi after that! My personal favorites...
Im good. Im happy. I got a LITTLE frustrated yesterday cleaning up an inch of water in our apt after my comp left the sink spout (we hand wash clothes here...) going.... and flooded our apt... but other than that i was mostly smiles. The work is progressing here, slowly but surely. And i am continually glad to be in this city/ward that I love. I am SO stoked for General Conference, and then our mission conference in April with Elder Christofferson!! Apostle! POW!
I LOVE ALL OF YOU MORE THAN HOT TOMALES AND DR. PEPPER! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment