Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello People



Hiiii.

I won´t lie. I am tired. I needed a P day. Not so much physically, all though that too... We spent all day Sunday walked back and forth in the hottest day of the year, didnt get into a single door. Real difficult. But i think more mentally, im starting to feel a lot of weight on my shoulders. There is just so much more for me to do, to plan, and to teach. Its been a challenge, but i know that it is through these experiences that make us stronger. And i am grateful for everything that my mission has given me. we had some good success this week. (2 baptisms) but also a lot of frustrationg. One thing i hate is when people prevent other people from being baptized. People that want to. And we currently have 4 people with this problem.

I was a little nervous all yesterday... Why? Because of the Big Italian dude you can see in my picture. His wife and little daughter want to be baptized. But he comes from a long line of Italian Catholics and has a heart as hard as Korhihor. So pretty much all week we have been planning a baptismal invite with him, and i came up with the idea to show a clip that i have. It is of a girl that gets convinced to do drugs, then drink, then cut, finally gets a gun to kill herself, but then sees that savior, and starts to run. But those same people stop her, push her down, hit her, but she keeps trying, and finally reaches the hand of the savior. We bore strong testimony that baptism is how we can reach the hand of the savior, and the best environment for his two daughters is in the church. He still wont allow them to be baptized, but we had a good chat with the mom after he left and I wont give up on them.

In good news for mommy i slimmed down... A lot. I know because 4 different people asked me if i had lost weight this week. That´s how long ive been in this area.... But not sure if you can tell my face is a LOT thinner. So thats good. Not so good is my new LZ. We are feuding a little bit... Maybe its my pride but when someone comes into MY area, and then wants to do things THEIR way, i get a little frustrated. Not a big deal, but we´ve got some chatting to do this week. Other than that i dont have a whole lot to say.. Im tired, which means im working my butt off. We´re starting to see blessings though, we found 2 really good new investigators that came to church this week. We taught them both yesterday and re sheduled for Friday. If they prayed i want to mark a date with both of them.

I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that families can one day return to his presense and be together forever. Im so grateful for this. i love my family. My portugese is getting a lot better, and im learning how to work harder. Pray for me, and Japanese people.


--
Elder Alex Allred
Terra de Gaúcho Tchê

Caixa Postal 13008
91010-971 Porto Alegre-RS
Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment