Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Apostolic Wisdom



Hello again people.
This week was pretty slow. It was good. But slow. Im REALLY trying hard to build up our teaching pool, and not do it by just knocking doors, because if there is one thing i have learned that is not very effective. I think Cole would agree with me on that front. So this has included going house to house on the GIANT list of inactive members i have in a little notebook, and trying to help them, while asking at the same time for them to help us. (Cole, i know you dont exaclty have this luxury) And in theory it should be working fantastically, with members coming back to church, and bringing their friends with them, only i cant find any of the houses!!! Brasil is very unorganized, and most of the time has wrong addresses, and even the right ones get changed, and people switch the number on their houses, and the numbers dont go in order... and AH!!
But the highlight of the week was definately our trip down to Porto Alegre for our mission conference. The reuninon with all my mission buddies was a blast (see pictures) and the feeling was undescribable when Elder Christofferson walked into the room. I wont try to descibe it or even say much of what he told us, sufficeth to say i know that man is an apostle of God.
But the festivites didnt end when we got on the bus to go home. While searching through my letters and finding 3 from Nana/Wayne that i loved, I also found one from my friend Pastor Allen! (Now Pastor Murphy) Remember him?? He´s the dude the wrote the pamplhet i found on the ground here, i took him up on his offer to write to him, and he responded with a 3 page letter of the biggest apostasy i have yet seen on my mission. I cant describe it, but its getting xeroxed and put up on my wall when i get home. Along with the 4 horrifying anti mormon pamphlets he sent me. (People are so dillusional it is seriously scary) I have never seen anything like this... But i am already working on my response letter. I´ve been pretty much studying straight apostosy in the Bible for 2 days, and by the end of this week ill be geared up better than Michael Weston. You want to go to war Pastor Murphey?? It´s on.
Aside from my Bible Bashing skills being increased it was a normal week. Full of lots of success and failure. Im trying Hard to help teach my son, and he has at least now learned how to say I LIKE, which is good and bad. Its good that he can say he likes things, but our lessons are now full of "I like my baptism", "I like the church", and my personal favorite, "I like Jesus Christ." Ditto Companion, Ditto. But in all seriousness i know he lived and died for our sins. It didn´t eliminate our personal responsibily but it did enable us to one day return to his presense. My mission is freaking hard but im learning more and more every day and im grateful for the wonderful experiences i am having. Rock on this week. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment