Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FINALLY

Hello Mother and People.
Drive safe to California. We will be traveling together because I´m peacing out to Porto Alegre tomorrow morning. I have no idea where I am going, because our mission likes to stress people out as much as they can, so we will literally get to P.A, get a little slip that is our bus ticket, and good luck go there.
I thought i was very set on leaving here. But i am mixed between relieved and very sad. Mostly because of two things that happened yesterday. The first when we stopped by Marcio and Luzia, (the people I FINALLY managed to get married) and him asking me, "Elder, what would you say if I told you the only way Luzia will be baptized is if it is by you.." I´m like crap. This was exactly what Bishop was worried about. He called President this week and told him i needed to stay, but obviously Pres disagreed. The second though was even more painful. Di you know how much I love Sonya, Diesa, and their family. The fam with the Italian dude that won´t let them get baptized. I went to say goodbye last night and we had a really good lesson, and the daughter asked "Dad mom is gonna get baptized this month right??" He agreed!! 6 months i´ve been praying for that! Why does it seem like everything is finally coming together right when I am leaving...
It´s all good though I´m stoked for the new experience. We had a really good training meeting Saturday. President and the Assitents came here and it was realy fun to see everyone and re charge my spiritual batteries. My effort to be a better tool in the hands of the Lord was re energized.
So most traumatic moment of the week happened Friday. EVERYTHING fell through and so we were doing something i hate, knocking doors at night. And we were walking down this big hill and a cute little dog starting following us. At first i was annoyed, but then i kinda started to like him. We literally did not get in a single door for an hour and a half and this dog would not give up!! By the time to go home I was super sad I couldn´t take Baxter (yes i named him) up to my apt with me. I grew quite close to him. So as we were descending a kinda busy road i told him to stay put. He pretty much did the exact oppostite and went to my left just in time to hear me SCREAM and then get abused by the Ford Torus. I seriously almost cried. Especially when he didnt come out the other side and then i say what was left of him trying to make it to the other side of the road. I was scarred for life. Oh Baxter...
Other than that Traumafying moment we had some good stuff happen this week. I really strived to get this area ready for the next Elder to take care of my child. They will have good success. I´m super sad about leaving but I am excited for a change. I really would have liked to see a few more people get baptized but I genuinely feel like I left this city a better place than when i found it. For that i can leave in peace.
Pray for me in my new Area. I love each and every one of you. I´m glad the world didnt end May 21st. (what was that?)
The gospel is true keep it real

No comments:

Post a Comment