Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ranch Sadness

I say to you all with a gritted smile and false sincerity... Have a great time at the Ranch.

Honestly i had a great week. I worked my firm yet well shaped little butt off all week and really saw the Lord bless our area. The ward is on fire here to help us create a branch out in my area, and i have been praying to find potential leaders this week, because that is what we are lacking. The Lord did just that and literally guided me to 2 elect families... That we found through a simple visit to an inactive family when we had nothing else to do. "It is by small means that great things come to pass."

Other things... I´ve been incredibly sick all week. I caught a very bad cold. But no biggie. I felt really good about my last district meeting, i went back to the basics and we discussed our central purpose as missionaries. And then i related it to Jacob 5, and we went through the parable that it contains. Very cool. I also think i witnessed a murder Thursday night. Not so cool. We were walking to the bus stop late at night when i hear blood curling screaming of a woman saying stop, please stop. 2 minutes we listening trying to figure out what to do.. what suddenly it just stops and everything goes dead quiet. So we call the police, and what do they do? Hang up on us. Shocker, nice going Brasil.

I also ran into another unfortunate problem here in Brasil, after i did not accept two members talking about how the stake president is corrupt and doesnt receive revelation. That was responded with "With all due respect Elder this isn´t the United States." I have seen way too many ex communicated bishops here, way too many wards where no one has trust in the leaders. I testify that I am representing the same church that exists where i live, the same one that receives modern revelation. If it doesn´t, we are the same as every other church, that doesn´t.

But enough of the bad stuff that happens here honestly it was an awesome week and we´ve all got fire in the bones to work!! I gave a talk Sunday that i though went well. I gave 3 suggestions to the member on how we can prepare for a mission and also improve daily. I shared 2 stories from my life. The first a riding experience with dad, where i was stuck, and needed his instructions to get up the hill. All the while knowing he was standing at the top, worrying and making sure i was going to succeed. I related this to prayer. The second, breaking a rule not to go sledding during basketball season, and breaking my wrist, suffering the consequences. I related this to learning to be obedient.

PRAY FOR THE BRANCH ANA RECH!! IM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. HAVE SO MUCH FUN AT THE RANCH. ILL DROWN OUT MY SORROWS WITH A TRIP TO PORTO ALEGRE FOR LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

--
Elder Alex Allred
Terra de Gaúcho Tchê

Caixa Postal 13008
91010-971 Porto Alegre-RS
Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment