Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Relief Society President is the Worst Job Ever

E aí galeira
I hope you all enjoyed the ranch as much as it tortured me not to be there... Just kidding i actually rarely even thought of it, i was too busy answering ridiculous calls about nothing from Sisters, trying to keep my progressing investigators from COMPLETELY losing it, and trying to make people understand that this gospel was RESTORED!!
I don´t even remember what happened this week, so I´ll just give the highlights. Friday was sick. I went to Porto Alegre for a leadership conference with all the District and Zone Leaders. I got to see all my good buddies on the mish and got some great instruction from Pres Pavan and others. Then our secratery bought one less ticket back to Caxias for us, so i went with the LZ´s to Gramado instead! Gramado is one of the biggest toursist cities in all of Brasil and I´ve always wanted to go there. I didnt get to spend too much time there and it was too dark to take pictures but i slept there and it was sick.
Saturday was as depressing as Friday was awesome. We literally got our faced slammed every door we knocked. And lost SEVERAL investigators who got scared off by the stupid Quandrangular church. Sunday was also not so great. We had the most unfortunate excuse of a Leadership meeting with all the leaders in the ward to discuss the new branch that might happen. Ive never been in a meeting where i felt such a lack of spirit. It was a complete chaos with everybody fighting and wanting power. Me and 3 other people walked out. It is becoming so apparent to me how essential leadship is in a ward, and when you dont have it, the spirit does not reside and nothing gets done.
Dont get too sad though people yesterday was chique demais! I knew it was going to be a good day just from lunch. So the member puts on a movie during lunch (calm down ex missionaries it was On the Lord´s Errand) that talks abou the life of Thomas Monson. So im fully immersed when suddenly who pops onto the screen?? None other than Fwayne Chamberlain!! I nearly jumped out of my seat screaming THAT´S MY GRAMPS!!! No one believed me, i had to prove it. My grandparents are rock stars. But it only got better after. We rocked 7 lessons before our family night we marked, only to get a call that it was canceled. So we went to tell this family, he (Caio, ill tell you more about him some other time, best member ive ever had in my mission)) wouldnt have it. He called up a couple that i thought i´d lost, and told them he was cooking meat, and he´d be there in ten minutes to pick them up. Made all the difference in the world. It was an awesome family night.
Just to end i should tell you about this couple. José and Josára. Let me back up. Sunday night. I go there with Caio on division. AWESOME lesson. We teach law of chastity, word of wisdom. Invited them to stop drinking, smoking, drinking coffee, and to get married. They were so excited. We stole all of her cigarrettes, and all of his coffee. Re marked for thursday where we would share a message, and then go together to mark their marriage date. Im stoked. But as usual Satan is a punk. The next morning i get a frantic call from Josára saying José was freaking out, didnt want to live the law of chasity anymore or follow the church and kicked her out of the house. She asked if i could stop by but i was working in a different neighborhood way far away that day. Little did i know my family night was going to fall, and Caio was going to invite them to a visit they desperately needed. They are back on track and everything is good. Oh how the Lord uses us in little ways that we never imagine.
Im so grateful for my mission and the little miracles like this that bring me so much joy. Im so grateful for my wonderful family, that taught me the things im teaching today. I´m so grateful for my many friends that influenced me and are out doing the same thing im doing on the other side of the world. This is Christ´s Church. Of this I have no doubt.
P.S. District Leader of Sisters is very comparable to Nursury leader of Eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment