Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hey Gente

Olá from Brasil. I send you my love.

It was a fantastic week once again. I´m starting to realize the feeling of thinking you cant work any harder or do better, and then doing it. Interesting to see that the Lord doesnt go without blessing us when we do that. We now have 11 investigators with baptismal dates. And I am just loving life. Let me tell you a little about the week.

Wednesday was terrible. It was going as one of those just awful days. People hiding from you, no one home, raining until the alma, people spitting on us and telling us to go home, i felt like crap. Finally at about 6 when we had not taught a single lesson i stopped in the road and bore my heart in prayer. Something, Anything, PLEASE. No less than 5 minutes later we found the house we had been looking for. We taught a sick lesson, and marked 3 baptismal dates. Mikael, Tásiane, and Ellen wil be baptized next saturday. They are kids of an inactive family we found and are reactivating. What a great family. After that we went to Cleberton, who basically told me to shove it the last lesson, and freaked out when I told him Santos (Saints) dont exist. What a change of heart. He raved about how fascinating he thought the life of Joseph Smith was and wanted his wife to be able to watch the film we passed. Complete change of heart. After that we taught one more lesson to a progressing family of 4 we have. Awesome day.

Thursday and Friday were rough as well. We ran into some sticky stiuations and lost José and Jussára. They are passing though some really rough times and frankly need more help from the police than the missionaries. We will continue to visit them but more cautiessly and udner the dirtection of our mission president. Saturday was so legit. We had an activity with the youth where we went to a really busy corner and handed out more than 3000 pass along cards!! It was so much fun!! Sunday was equally awesome. We did our normal division i went with Caio in his Car like normal and ended my night eating lasagna on Alba (Caio´s wife´s) stairs and arguing about whether she needed to buy me more pimenta. Love her.

Yesterday was just a spiritual feast. Zone Conference with a seventy! Elder Itchinose. Poweful beyond belief. Ive never met someone that could quite literally snap their fingers and bring the spirit, that could tell us we are crappy missionaries but do it with love. It was an experience I will never forget. Passo Fundo was there! So i got to see all my best friends! I sent pictures. AFter we trecked out to Ana Rech to contact a reference from a member. It was pretty good. It was an awesome day.

I love you all so much. Thank you for supporting me in this incredible work. The Lord is pushing me to my absolute limits and in turn molding me to be the servant he needs. I just need to do better at letting him do his work. He is preparing me for future things. I know it. I pray for you daily. Pray for me and my investigators.

P.s. The picture of the TV is Wayne if you cant tell. Every time someone puts on the film "On the Lord´s Errand" I cant help but to scream VOVÔ!! (GRAMPS!) when Wayne´s part comes. Its great. Miss that guy.

--
Elder Alex Allred
Terra de Gaúcho Tchê

Caixa Postal 13008
91010-971 Porto Alegre-RS
Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment