Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I don't remember what happened this week

I am excited for Christmas. It doesnt feel like Christmas here... Its freakishly hot and no one has christmas trees..
This week was a blur.. it passed so fast. I know we went to Capão da Canoa (the beach) and did our division with the district leader there. Then the next day we went to Torres (right on the border of the next state) to have our district meeting, and made the long trek home para casa. Friday and Saturday we worked our butts off to make up for the time we lost, and we made some good progress. We were super stressed with where our 2 baptisms were going to come from this month, (president is breathing down the necks of the LZ´s to get their 2) but now we have some good options. I think I´ve talked about that elect Lutheran lady that doesn´t know she is elect? She finally came to church this week with her daughter! Too bad right after we found out her husband was searching mormons on the internet and came across some FILTHY anti mormon stuff.. That is gonna be a super interesting/awkward visit tomorrow night at 8. 

Yesterday we had our Christmas Conference in Porto Alegre. It was super fun. For our apresentation we did the Birth of Jesus Christ: Gaúcho version. Beyond my belief our no-nonsense president agreed to be our narrator. For anyone that understands Brasil, everyone outside of the Rio Grande do Sul hates gaúchos and their accent. So you can imgaine how funny is was to have a Paulista (someone from São Paulo) trying to immitate a Gaúcho with all types of crazy slang. It was super funny, Ill have to send the video home. But I also learned a lot. Sister gave an INCREDIBLE training on the meaning of the word "messias." She helped us understand way better how the prophecies in the bible truly were fulfilled, and how Jesus really is the Christ. She is amazing. So knowledable, I always call her when i get into doctrinal arguments with my companions, and she clears things up. 

I cant believe we are aproaching the end of another transfer. Every one seems to pass faster and faster. Stranger that two of my best friends on the misison, Elder Melo and Elder Lynn are leaving! Im going to the temple with them today. Next week is transfers, so my p day will be on Monday. I´m about 90 percent sure that I will be staying here, but we´ll see. 

I love you, Enjoy the spirit of natal. Stay classy. 

Oh yeah, and Im a hunter now. Tell everybody. The last picture is from the crazy tornado we had last week.

1 comment:

  1. So... I came across this blog while searching for some friends from my mission to Porto Alegre. Looks like this missionary is in Capao da Canoa or thereabouts. I have been looking for an e-mail for somebody in that branch for quite a while, but have never been able to get one. I served there in 2001 and absolutely fell in love with the place. If there is any way to get an e-mail address from somebody in the branch there, please let me know. My e-mail is dustinchapman@msn.com

    ReplyDelete