Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Limping Towards the Transfer

Whew! Another week survived.. I feel like Satan is trying to kill me here!! Just kidding... But seriously.
Im freaking tired. And every week this transfer there has just been a new problem. This week we went to do a division with a dupla that we knew was having problems. It turned out it was just the tip of the iceberg and we found out they hadnt left home in over three weeks and we doing some bad stuff. We tried our best to work hard and help them but as some wisenheimer always says "You can lead a horse to water but you can´t make him drink." I was frustrated at their district meeting because of the ineffective day, and a few things boiled over and I ended up losing my temper for the first time on my mission really. Imagine me dragging a huge Brasilian out onto a street corning and just screaming at him in Portuguese and you´ve got a good picture of what happened. After we calmed down and hugged and tried to understand the others point of view. We have to go back there next week but It will probably be with President. The Lord´s time is precious and I have little patience for missionaries who waste it, especially in front of young impressionable juniors. 

But other than that the week is good. We finished teaching Jacson and Danielle and everything is set for their wedding and his baptism this Saturday. Its going to be SICK! He has requested that we take a hugging shot in the baptismal font after the baptism so STAY TUNED!! Haha what a quirky guy... Oh! And we are also teaching a COMPLETE FAMILY!! Yes, you heard it, a complete family. Do you know how many complete families I´ve taught on my mission? I can count them on my fingers. They dont exist here in Brasil. Jaqueline went to church on Sunday and loved it! Then last night she brought her 4 kids to a family night we did at a nearby members house! We made pastels and played a game. Best of all, she has two twins that turn 8 on Jan 28th!! The last saturday of the transfer... EIGHT! My favorite number! Now we just gotta grab Adriano, the husband, he´s being a bit rebelious but he loves us and Im going to drag him to church and then into the baptismal font. 

This week is division week. Wednesday with the Assistents, Thursday with Cachoerinha, and Friday with Gravataí. Its going to be crazy, but sweet, i´m stoked. Sort of. 

Love you all, have a good week, stay classy. 

P.s. Mom don´t worry about my weight those tape worms that infest my shower will help us out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment