Saturday, April 14, 2012

I love America



You know even your President is trunky when he is the one calling you to let you know Santorum is out of the race, Mitt is my boy. It´s been a busy week and i am exhausted. We finally finished out last division, and now this week will be a good week of rest for me as we finish the transfers with President, cause im going to need it. The last 4 months of my mission are going to be spent hopping city to city. We recieved some new news this week...
JEFFREY R. HOLLAND IS COMING TO OUR MISSION. POW. He will be here on the 27th of April. Add that to the growing list of things we have to do on top of our preparations for our new mission president that will arrive on the 30th of June. The next transfer will be a short transfer, it changed to be 5 weeks instead of 6 weeks (moving everyone´s release date up ONE WEEK.) So me and Elder Baker have A LOT of planning to do to figure out how we are going to do all 8 of our divisions (plus any emergency ones we have to do, all the specialized trainings (We are going to GRAMADO next week- (Gramado is one of the most famous tourist cities in Brasil)), on top of the zone conferences we are going to have in all 7 zones!! In other words, you can kiss our area goodbye.

I like staying Busy, it keeps me focused and makes time fly (almost too fast even) but it is really taking a toll on me. I find myself waking up each day just a little more beaten and exhausted, and the only thing that gets me up off of our coach is Elder Keesling to make me do P90X with him. (If I wasn´t doing P90X daily my butt would have its own area code) Its tough to stay in shape because all we ever eat is Sausaged Pizza with Chocolate Stuff Crust (Best invention ever), Overly sized hot dogs full of eggs and maionaise (also delicious), and Coka Cola. I never thought i´d say this but I miss so much eating lunch at members houses...

So.. this week will be a big planning week for us. President is super concerned about leaving the mission in a perfect condition so that the arrival of President Wright goes smoothly. That means more conferences of prepartion, more movements on transfers, and more trainings that we will have to do. Its a good thing I have a firm testimony that this church is run by Christ personally or i might just want to lie down and die. That being said every day here in Brasil is fulfilling and meaningful, each day i learn something more about myself, and i know sooner than I realize, it will all be over.. 

Pictures are from my dinner with Daniel and Anne in Caxias, and our Churrasco we made today. Mmmm... Carne. 

Stay Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment