Saturday, April 21, 2012

We've Got Worms



It was a hectic week. The week before transfers is usually crazy like this one was but this was a bit of a peculiur transfer. We have kind of had to do it looking ahead to the big events we have coming up in our mission. (Change of President, Jeffrey R. Holland, and a new zone we are opening up in our mission.) On top of that it was tough because we have 14 new missionaries arriving (we pictures up one yesterday (Elder Henry) and we will pick up the other 13 Tuesday morning.) And me and Elder Baker have made an earnest attempt to visit every single returned missionary we hvae in our ward (which is quite a few) before the end of the transfer. We really feel like we can utuilize them to make this work advance here, using the young couples. So all in all its been a busy week, it didnt help that i got SICK for the first time on my mission.
Yes, that´s right, i´ve been diagnosed with WORMS. Monday and Tuesday both days i was feeling incredibly nautious like i was going to throw up and without any type of energy, but i worked through it. Then my comp ratted me out to Pres Thursday and we called the doctor responsible for all of the missions in Brasil. About an hour after he diagnosed me with worms and gave me a bunch of medication and told me if anything got worse i needed to call him IMMEDIATELY, i started to vomit violently. Long story short Sister made me go to 2 different hospitals (neither of which could attend me, Thanks Brasil) until i finally got the injection i needed. It was a TERRIBLE day. I literally felt like I was going to die. BUT, im alive, and (almost) worm free. Well, not really, that probably actually wont be solved until i get back to the States, again, Thank you Brasil.

Today was sweet. We took Elder Henry to an early session at the temple at 9 where it just so happend that there was a Caravan from Passo Fundo! I saw tons of people I knew, it feels great when people still remember your name and face when you were sure they had forgotten about you! Its incredible the impact missionaries make in people´s lives, I truly am grateful for the opportunity i have had to do so. Then we went and celebrated at Outback where I ate Chelsea´s body weight in Ribs. Pictures to follow. 

I truly love my mission. The Lord still thinks im a little too immature to go home so he in really going to put me through the "Refiner´s fire" these last 3 1/2 months. I´ll probably still come home cracking jokes and making fun of foreigners but I will definately bring a knowledge of the plan of salvation and a deep love for Brasil with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment