Monday, July 16, 2012

To the People

Yo

This week was awesome, I don´t think I taught a single lesson... but it was awesome. We were so busy. Tuesday was transfers and I had no idea how difficult that would be without any help from another assistant (my comp was picking up his parents) or President Pavan. Missionaries have no idea how much time and money go into the small things to make a mission run, Tuesday I was running all over the city. Wednesday was our planning day, we weren´t able to get out of the office, mostly just spent the whole day mapping out the next 6 months for President, buying bus tickets for missionaries, and planning our leadership meeting on Friday, which went awesome. We invited two guest speakers, a recent convert and the most renovator type Bishop we have here in the mission. We also gave a couple trainings. Thursday we went to GRAMADO!! If I haven´t spoken much of Gramado I will now, its the biggest tourist city south of São Paulo! It was legit, the closest thing I can describe it to is like a Park City on steroids, its there that people come all over the world for Christmas time for that big show. Me and my comp had mostly just planned on going there alone because the district was struggling but when I mentioned it to President he was like "well I´ll go with you!" (it´s like 3 hours away...) I love that guy, he came ready to work! He wants to divide with the missionaries and watch as many district meetings as he can, what a champ.

My companion is the MAN, seriously the perfect companion. Not only is does he work hard and keep the rules he is NOT a wierdo! Something we both have in common that I have grown to treasure... I went and played basketball with him at the church today for the first time in 23 months and it was wonderful. After we went to Outback, then came back here to play War until now. Fantastic p day, I didn´t even have time to be trunky, and that´s how I like it. My comp´s name is Elder Persinger and he is from Colombus Ohio, but his family now lives in Denver. We will be at BYU together.

My mission is starting to scare me... Everyone tells me I´m dying and going home soon, my body is starting to cease to function, and Dad is giving me marriage tips which is never a good sign... It´s all gone so fast I feel like I need another two years to be able to appreciate all the things I´ve learned and changed. The funny thing is I still feel like a little boy waiting to one day "grow up." Here soon I will have to enter the real world and go through the refiner´s fire, and I couldn´t be more stoked for it.

I have loved my mission, am I excited to go home? Yes. Will I miss this place? Demais. (look it up.)
Love you all.
Stay Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment