Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm On My Way (almost)

What´s up people

I honestly don´t have much to say. I´m tired and happy. We spent the week doing divisions, nothing very exciting. The idea of me actually leaving this place is starting to take effect, It still doesn´t seem real, but i know I will be leaving ever so soon. 

Thursday was great because it was the first day this transfer that I could work in my area with my companion, it was awesome, and super important for me to try to pass everyhting i know about the area to Persinger before I leave. At night we had one of those incredible visits that make you want to stay on the mission longer. It makes me sad to think i had almost forgotten how that feels. Good people, good understanding, good spirit, real example of how missionary work when it is done properly can change a persons life. It was a lady that has been coming to church the last couple weeks but always rejects our visits when I ask.. finally last sunday after sunday school she came to me in tears and said she was ready to recieve our visits. We went there and met her whole family and they loved us. They were intelligent and understand the restoration, they responded wisely to deep soul searching questions. It made me miss having all day every day to preach the everlasting gospel of Christ. I have loved the administrative work of being an Assistant and helping the mission, but for a few weeks I almost forgot my purpose of helping people. The mission has been an unforgettable experience that will serve as a foundation for the rest of my life.

Today was an awesome p day. I came back from Novo Hamburgo on a division and we went to the church to participate in the helping hands service project. After, Eduardo and Danielle made us a sort of goodbye churrasco. It was delicious, they bought me a sweet original inter jersey, i love them. Then we went to the church to play basketball with a few ward members, the second counselor and the young mens president are going to call president this week to ask permission for me to go play paintball with them on my last p day, pray that he lets me! After that we are going to eat with a bunch of members. 

I honestly can´t believe this is my last week on the mission. I don´t think it will register until I sit down on that plane next Tuesday. We´ll see, this week will be pretty crazy, there won´t be a whole lot of time to sit and think, so that will be good. 

Chances are if you are reading this I´m stoked to see you.


Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment