Saturday, August 4, 2012

It is finished



I can´t believe it. I´ve over.

I keep waiting for me to get the wierd sensation that I always thought I would have of great joy and relief that it is a done deed but it just hasn´t come. I am happy, yes, to be coming home and thrilled to see some of the people the i have missed for 2 years, but mostly I just feel strange. I feel uncertain about what to do and who to be, I don´t really how to do anything else than be a missionary...

My last week has been spectacular, I have gone out just the way I wanted to; working hard while seeing the people I wanted to see. Tuesday President and Sister Wright took us to a temple session for the last time. Wednesday we had my final zone council that I directed, and after we went back to Santa Cruz with the Zone leaders to divide with them. Yesterday I went back to Gravataí for the final time and Franklin and Jussara made a huge churrasco for me, it was delicious. Little did i know we had a dinner planned that night with a super rich investigator who said she was going to make a lasagna, but ended up taking us to the nicest churrascaria in Porto Alegre! It was like Tucanos on steroids... I think I put down about 9 pounds of meat yesterday, I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding super hard, I thought I was having like a heart attack, so drank some water to get the salt taste out of my mouth... love meat. 

I was so happy to have a good "last day" on Friday, i went out with an awesome zone leader in my old area with nothing planned. It was one of those days where we just roaming and testifying to people in the street that Christ´s church is restored. I felt such a sweet spirit in doing so and we found a lot of good people that they will be able to teach later one. I love missionary work, I hope I can find a way to stay inovolved in this God´s marvilhous work and a wonder.

Words can´t describe the gratitude I have for my mission experience. I have gained a testimony of the importance of not just being at church but applying the things we learn there. I know that God speaks with men today, and that if we follow the celestial counsels we reieve we will be able to have an eternal family. 

I´m so excited to see my family. I want you to listen to "I´m on my way" by Phil Collins on the drive up to the airport. Tell everybody I´m on my way.

Stay Classy. For 4 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment