Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I hate Brasilian Pregnant Pictures

Hey people-

Its a good thing i have Di nagging me to death or I would forget to write something every week. 

I hope you were all spiritually edified by conference like I was. I have no doubt that these men are called of God to be his mouthpiece here on earth. I testify that God has a living prophet and 2 counselors, God spoke with men like Moses and Abraham anciently, how foolish would we be to believe he doesnt speak with men today. As Elder Callister taught us God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God still speaks with man. If you dont have a certainty of that, get one. Without it, life has little (or less) meaning. 

I think my favorite talks were Elder Callister, and Elder Christofferson about repentance. I ate up every word of these inspired men. And how exciting that Provo will get another temple!! I quite enjoyed the ohhs and the ahhhs after that, and then the laughter after announcing the Wyoming temple after the exotic ones. "I think I´ll dedicate that one." Our prophet is funny, and Wyoming sucks. 

I had a maturity moment this week. We were invited to eat dinner with our recent convert Dina this week, and she had gotten home late and was in a rush to make us a lasagna. Long story short she forgot to take off the plastic in the pastels (they make lasagna wierd here) and so it was full of plastic. She felt horrible. Me and my comp were trying to take off the plastic telling her how delicious the food was and that it wasnt a big deal, but her two kids worsened her misery by being total butt heads. Just straight complaining and telling her how dumb she was and refusing to eat. I wanted to be like "SHUT up you ungrateful little weiner, she worked her butt off to make this and a little plastic to pull off is hardly a big deal." 

Right as I thought that I saw visions of tantrums at the dinner table. I´d like to make a formal apology to all my aunts, grandmothers, my beloved mother, or anyone else that ever made food for me. I have a large certainty that i was one of those "butt heads."

It was a hectic week. We didnt have a whole lot of time to work in our own area, and for this i felt a lack. Between conference, meetings in porto alegre, and problems within our zone with missionaries we have done a lot of running and not a whole lot of spreading the restored gospel. 

It will be good to get back to the work this week, as we should have all week to be in our own area, and recompense (sorry di i cant think of a better word) for the time we missed.

The gospel is true, God called a prophet in our days, the Book of mormon is his living witness that these things are true. Dont ever give up what you want most for what you want now. It would be the biggest mistake of your life. 

Love



--
Elder Alex Allred
Terra de Gaúcho Tchê
Caixa Postal 13008
91010-971 Porto Alegre-RS
Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment