Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What are we going to do

Helloooo Americans. How are you my friends??
It was a good week! We spent the whole week focused on building up Zion here in our area so that was great! We had some major disappointments with people not going to church and asking me " what do you want.." when we call them, but there was also some great blessings. Priscilla was confirmed this week and went to church in a skirt! What! Now the only thing that lacks is for her to take out her nose ring!
 
Speaking of piercings I had an interesting baptismal interview with a 15 year old this week very distressed about some of her "rings". I was like listen, Im a missionary, take the thing out to get baptized, and then talk with your bishop/woman leader. Then she was like no its not even bad, look, and whoop UP COMES THE SHIRT! Im like ahhhh! nooo! It gave me a good scare, but she was just showing me her belly button ring. Girls...
 
Yesterday we did a division with the assistants. It was fun to spend another day with my good buddy Elder Melo. He is a little rat. He loves looking through ALL my belongings to find things he can take home with him. But we had a great lesson with some new investigators that we have. Suzanah and Suelen. They are 40 and 15 and told me last night they are loving the Book of Mormon, loving us, but are scared to go to Church in fear of not loving it there. Almost like a Is it too good to be true? type of thing. We gave a powerful witness of the reality of the holy spirit, and invited them to pray earnestly to know if what we have certainty of, is true. They promised they would, and will also go to church this week. AGUA.
 
I have felt spiritually uplifted this week from my study. I really feel like the new dvd players we have received with training segments on preach my gospel are going to be great. The work is evolving and I feel confident in our ability to use it for good. Let me bear my solemn witness to my friend and family of the reality of The Living Church. The Church is guided by true revelation, of that I have no doubt. The Book of Mormon is a powerful testament of Jesus Christ, given to us by God as a source to know the truth of all things. Christ atoned for our sins allowing us to repent and use God´s ordinances here on earth to one day return to him.
 
Each day I have a renewed desire to find, and teach people these things, in preparation for the first ordinance of the gospel- baptism. Essa é a igreja de Cristo.
 
Vos Amo.


 
Elder Alex Allred
Terra de Gaúcho Tchê
Caixa Postal 13008
91010-971 Porto Alegre-RS
Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment