Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This Email is not going to adequately explain what I want it to

Hey people

We went to the beach this week. It was awesome. I love the beach. See pictures.

I wont lie. I hate writing these things. Call it impatience. But i will pen out some thoughts I have had this week about Brasil and a man named Korihor. 

Korihor was an Antichrist in the Book of Mormon that used deviated lies about the church to mislead people. For example he would make up a doctrine of the church (how can we be responsible for Adam´s sins) and then feed that lie, because it wasn't true anyway! So it was easy! What does that have to do with Brasil...? Everything. The most frustrating thing for me here is the lack of commitment to do something important. In all aspects of life. This is so fundamentally important for us. I believe I have spoken a bit about an awesome mother and daughter we have named Suzanah and Suelen. They are great, they love us, and feel the spirit so strong with us. But will not read the book of Mormon. Them, and 9 million other Brazilians always have the same excuse. No i didn't read, when i read I want to really be in the right mindset, and I wasn't, so I didn't read. No I didn't go to church, when I go to church, I want to really pay attention, and I knew i wouldn't, so i didn't go. No, I cant pray tonight, Im not in the right mindset, when I pray, I want it to be good, so not tonight. Does anyone else see the irony with that excuse?? We never asked you to go to church and not pay attention... we didn't ask you to read without real intent... We asked you to read!! It is making an excuse based on an excuse that doesn't exist! And its NOT the real problem. So we spend 30 minutes dissecting something that isn't really the real cause! Does that make sense?? This is the common atitude here in Brasil. This is the devil working on the heart of the children of men. 

Sorry if that bit of rambling didn't make any sense. I'm in a super big state of thought process right now. How do I respond to that? Ohh okay yeah of course you should read and pay attention no problem. Of course you need to pay attention when you read and go to church, that's inherent in the invite. I just feel a super weak sauce lack of commitment to do ANYTHING! here in Brasil. And I get worked up about it. This is your salvation that I'm teaching you! I'm telling you how you can NOT go to hell. I feel like that is slightly more important than your soap opera. 

I love Brasil. I love the people here. I love my mission. This gospel is 100 percent true. And although Satan finds incredible complicated ways to impede our work, the gospel will spread to the four corners of the earth like a plague. A super sick tasty type of plague. I hope you are all well. I'm fantastic, just fat. God Bless.



P.s. Do any other missionaries LOVE it when you ask people to pray and they pray to you... I.e. I want to thank you guys for being here, I want to say thank you for my familiy, and that you guys get home safe... etc etc. I have to try hard not to stop them in the middle of the prayer and tell them to talk to God, not to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment