Saturday, February 4, 2012

First Week in Lindoia

Hello, I had a great first week here in the office! A hectic crazy week, but a good one. I had an interview with President yesterday morning and he told me "Elder, I´ve never seen you look so lost in the mission!" I laughed but its true, Im pretty lost. its okay though im adjusting. It just such a different life. I have yet to teach a lesson in my area... okay thats not entirely true we had two hours thursday night to go out and teach a lesson to a couple that we have a date with for next week, but other than that we have just been in the office. This couple is sick, Elder Melo and Elder Peterson found their boys playing soccer at the chapel one day, taught them, and baptized them. Then the AP´s before me started teaching the parents, and Wednesday we went to the Cartório with them to pay for the marriage and mark their day. Its marked for this next Saturday, it will be sweet.
But the big news is... IM IN PASSO FUNDO!!! It was soooo strange coming back here. i honestly never thought I would step foot in this blessed city again but here I am and it is crazy. Such a flood of memories and emotions of how much i love this city. Technically today is our p day but we are just here for an like an hour finishing up a training and then we are going to dividie with the LZ´s here in Passo Fundo. So basically im losing my p day, but its worth it because tomorrow is Stake Conference so I will get to see pretty much all the people I love in this city. As luck would have it by some strange chance of fate we ending up eating lunch with Felipe Heinz today!! Remember him? My basketball playing ingesh brother from Passo Fundo that drank Dr. pepper at my house? It was wierd seeing him married, he is still working at wizard until he can find a good job (jobs are painfully hard to get here) and they now live in the area of the LZ´s. It was rad.

Seriously I just love this city. I am in the same lanhouse that i used for 7 months to start the mission. The same lan house that I used to watch my companion use skype with his girlfriend!! Ahhh... good times. If you guys end up having Elder Lynn over for dinner tomorrow tell him where I am and he will be very jealous. So tomorrow after Stake Conference we will divide with the LZ´s again, and then Monday morning we have zone conference with Prez and we will eat lunch and then go home with him. We will arrive back in Porto Alegre around 7th Monday and be very tired. After that I have no idea, cause i still dont really know what´s going on around here, but it´s good, and im liking it.

The worst part of the week is the heat. Porto Alegre is an oven. I dont think i have slept more than 3 hours in more than a week. You Americans are so spoiled, you have no idea how miserable it is to sleep without air conditioning OR even a fan (broken) in 100 degree heatt in the 100 percent humidity. Seriously, i will never live anywhere else but the desert again. I dont ever fall asleep until at least 3 (when it cools down to like 90) and then i wake up at like 5 just DRENCHED in sweat. I used to be frantic about taking showers before going to bed cause i hate sleeping in sweaty sheets but now i´ve just given up, its impossible. Thursday night I couldnt sleep at all and so i found myself on the couch drinking coka cola from about the hours of 3-5. (and I ask myself why i am so fat...) So yeah, its pretty miserable. But, im happy and healthy and very blessed so there´s just not much to complain about. 

I feel my testimony rising and growing each week that I am here. I am 100 percent convinced that this is Christ´s church here on this earth and that it has the capacity to bless our lives abundantly. Through more personal contact with President Pavan and Elder Campos I have learned a few things that have strengthened my testimony greatly that this church is run by revelation. This transfer I had an experience that I will never forget, and that will always be a reminder to me of how closely God run´s his the dealings with his church and his missions. hope all is well.

Stay Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment