Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pyramid Schemes

Howwww´s it going....

Whew, this week was long, but much calmer and much more normal, so
that was good. We did two divisions and I stayed in my area both
times. I was LOST. I haven´t had like any time to get to know my area.
But it was good, yesterday I was with my good old buddy Elder Evans.
We have to be home at 8 this weekend because of carnival, so we got
home early, ordered a pizza, and spent our p night playing WAR!! (like
risk but with cards)

So Im getting used to the office work a bit now the big struggle now
is just getting used to the area. Its so strange being here in the
center of Porto Alegre teaching RICH people! Its so incredibly strange
to me, Ive never experience anyhting like this. Instead of talking to
people the street we have to do it through their intercoms in their
fancy apartments. Another difficulty that all of the old assistants
have told me is getting to know the members. We never see them! No one
stays put here, so our lunch calender is money to eat at a restaurant
about 90 percent of the time. To give an idea in 3 weeks here Ive
eaten at a members house twice! So its cool cause we can eat whatever
we want but its tough cause we don't have that interaction with the
members!

The pictures are from the most elect couple I have ever taught. They
work for herbalife; The biggest pyramid scheme I´ve ever heard of in
my life. They invited us to come get to know the program and try their
new shakes and ended up almost convincing me to join them! Guy is
good! The problem is that if you are good you get super rich stepping
on the people you convinced to join you. They presented us this "too
good to be true life" full of glamor, fame, money and travel that
would make any man ditch his full time job in search of dreams. I was
just thinking to myself... I´m way too smart for this! My no nonsense
Dad (and uncles/family for that matter) taught me that If it sounds
too good to be true, it probably is.. So all in all i was pretty
turned off with their approach, but he will be a FANTASTIC tool for us
when they get baptized next week. They are those types of people that
everyone wants to be like, rich, well spoken, talented, and they have
the perfect job. They meet new people every day and live in a huge
apartment complex. Those types of people make people want to listen to
us, regardless of our message. They´ve already given us two
references, every time they have a new client they have to take them
to get a drink, and the first thing that person asks is why don´t you
drink? That gives them the perfect opportunity to spread the gospel.
They rock, even though they are trampling all over people a pyramid
scheme. Herbalife is huge here.

Im super fat... Money comes easier here, so we order a lot of pizza. I
love Brasil pizza.


Love you, Stay Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment